This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal has all of the flavors of your child’s favourite prompt variety- however with out all of the sugar and preservatives! Recent apples, candy refreshing applesauce, heat cinnamon, and chewy quaint oats make this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe one to kick the packets to the curb for!
Why We Love This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is a kind of traditional flavors.. because of the ever-popular prompt oatmeal packets. And for good motive! They’re low-cost, handy, quick and simple to make, and so they simply style good. They often have freeze dried apple items, fast oats, cinnamon, sugar and preservatives.
However right here’s the not-so-secret secret… making your individual is nearly as simple because the packets, tastes so a lot better and has SO way more diet! Recent apples, candy refreshing applesauce, heat cinnamon, and chewy quaint oats make this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe a easy, scrumptious, and filling breakfast that your children are going to like.
Substances You’ll Want:
- Oats– Positively use quaint or rolled oats. They solely take a pair minutes longer to cook dinner than prompt and are a thousand instances higher.
- Apples– You will want contemporary apples (no matter form your favor) and unsweetened applesauce.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg– Heat and candy, the proper praise to crisp apples.
- Maple Syrup– The proper sweetener to carry out the flavour of the apples.
- Vanilla Extract– Provides one other layer of taste.
How To Make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal:
- Cube the apples. You possibly can peel them first, however we left the peels on- that’s the place the vast majority of the vitamins are!
- In a medium saucepan, add the oats, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and diced apples. Deliver to a boil; simmer for 4-5 minutes or till the water is absorbed and the apples have softened.
- Take away from the warmth. Stir within the applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Serve with extra contemporary apples, if desired.
Suggestions & Recommendations:
Use Metal Minimize Oats
For a heartier oatmeal, exchange the rolled oats with metal minimize oats. They add a chewy, nutty taste, plus a bit extra fiber and protein. Use 3/4 cup of rolled oats and a couple of 1/4 cups water on this recipe. Cook dinner for 15-20 minutes or till tender.
Leftover oatmeal will be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days.
Enhance the flavour, texture, and diet by including additional tasty toppings! Chopped walnuts, raisins, or flaked coconut all style scrumptious on this apple cinnamon oatmeal.
Add an egg.
To create a creamier texture and add a lift of protein, add an egg to your oatmeal! You need to use egg whites, or an entire egg. Gently whisk the eggs in a bowl. As soon as the oatmeal is nearly cooked, slowly add the egg whereas stirring consistently. Permit the oatmeal to complete cooking, about one other minute. You’ll find yourself with creamy oats, and no eggy taste!
Extra Favourite Oatmeal Recipes:
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Recent apples, candy applesauce, heat cinnamon, and chewy quaint oats make this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe one to kick the packets to the curb for! A straightforward, scrumptious, and filling option to begin your morning.
Combine water, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and diced apples in a saucepan; carry to boil. Scale back warmth to medium and cook dinner for five minutes or till the apples start to melt.
Take away from warmth, stir in applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.
Portion into bowls and add a drizzle of maple syrup and extra contemporary diced apples if you need. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can find a lot of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.